3 hrs 45 mins
These great sandwiches are from a recipe sent me by a friend. (Times listed do not include 24-hour marinating time.) I use the marinade and sauce recipes for other dishes, since we enjoy it so much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 lbs boneless center cut pork loin roast (remove the fat back from the shoulder , sliced in half at its widest point, This can also be made wi) or 5 -6 lbs pork shoulder (remove the fat back from the shoulder , sliced in half at its widest point, This can also be made wi)
- 4 cups cola or 4 cups Dr. Pepper cola or 4 cups black cherry soda or 4 cups root beer
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
JACK AND COKE BBQ SAUCE
- 1Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a glass or plastic container large enough to hold all the pork (or beef brisket).
- 2Add the pork, turning to be sure it is well coated, Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4In heavy saucepan, combine the ingredients for the Jack & Coke BBQ Sauce, adding adobo seasoning or salt to taste, heat to almost boiling, and reduce heat to simmer 20 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- 5Place the marinated meat in a roasting pan. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and cook the pork in the preheated oven for 1-1/2 hours. Pour off 2/3 of the liquid in the pan and spread the meat with the barbecue sauce and return it to the oven, uncovered, for another 1-1/2 hours.
- 6When the pork is done, it will shred easily with a fork. Test it, and if it's still a bit difficult to shred, return it to the oven for another 15 minutes and try again.
- 7When the meat is done, taste to see of more salt and pepper is needed, remove it from the oven and shred it with a fork. Slice the rolls in half, pile on the pork, and serve with creamy coleslaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork With Jack & Coke BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.2
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 1430.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 63.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: