Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These great sandwiches are from a recipe sent me by a friend. (Times listed do not include 24-hour marinating time.) I use the marinade and sauce recipes for other dishes, since we enjoy it so much.
- 5 -6 lbs boneless center cut pork loin roast (remove the fat back from the shoulder , sliced in half at its widest point, This can also be made wi) or 5 -6 lbs pork shoulder (remove the fat back from the shoulder , sliced in half at its widest point, This can also be made wi)
- 4 cups cola or 4 cups Dr. Pepper cola or 4 cups black cherry soda or 4 cups root beer
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
JACK AND COKE BBQ SAUCE
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup cola
- 1⁄3 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup frank's hot sauce (or brand of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- goya adobo seasoning or kosher salt
- 8 kaiser rolls
- salt and pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a glass or plastic container large enough to hold all the pork (or beef brisket).
- Add the pork, turning to be sure it is well coated, Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In heavy saucepan, combine the ingredients for the Jack & Coke BBQ Sauce, adding adobo seasoning or salt to taste, heat to almost boiling, and reduce heat to simmer 20 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Place the marinated meat in a roasting pan. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and cook the pork in the preheated oven for 1-1/2 hours. Pour off 2/3 of the liquid in the pan and spread the meat with the barbecue sauce and return it to the oven, uncovered, for another 1-1/2 hours.
- When the pork is done, it will shred easily with a fork. Test it, and if it's still a bit difficult to shred, return it to the oven for another 15 minutes and try again.
- When the meat is done, taste to see of more salt and pepper is needed, remove it from the oven and shred it with a fork. Slice the rolls in half, pile on the pork, and serve with creamy coleslaw.
Very good. Used a smaller pork roast for the two of us. I was really impressed! The sauce was spicy but good, and I'll make it again.