Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 hrs
An easy, delicious recipe that all of your buddies will like. Great during football/Baseball/Hockey games. They'll think you worked your tail off!
- 5 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup Coke (or Pepsi)
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce (I like Pendleton or any other QUALITY sauce)
- Slice the whole onion.
- Place half of the onion in the the bottom of the crock pot.
- Set the pork roast in the crock pot.
- Pour Cola over roast.
- Place the other half of the onion on top of the roast, cover and cook on low for roughly 12 hours.
- Remove the meat from the crock pot, and discard all liquid but keep the onions.
- With two forks shred the pork roast, discarding any fat that hasn't melted away or any bones.
- Place the shredded meat back in the crock pot, and pour bbq sauce all over it.
- Cook an low for another two hours.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns (I like to use onion buns).