Recipe by Andrusha
Tender pork butt great for sandwiches or tacos my family loves this dish! This is my first online recipe we use bollos for sandwiches. Happy eating!
Top Review by meanwoman
This is very good and easy. I eliminated the chicken broth and used a crock pot. I like the taste of the roasted anaheim and poblano peppers better than jalapeno. I used canned tomatoes and added some garlic. I will make this again, maybe add some cumin and oregano at the end.
- 5 lbs pork butt
- 4 anaheim chilies
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 large onion
- 4 cups chicken broth, large can to make 4 cups
- fresh cilantro
- 2 chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast peppers under broiler till blackened.
- Remove from oven and cover with plastic wrap this till the skins loosen. After that, peel skins from peppers and chop.
- Cut some fat off pork butt--not all--you need this for flavor.
- Use a large pot with lid, add small amount of oil to sear the meat, heat pan to hot. Add pork butt and sear for 9 minutes each side or till browned.
- Remove pork to a plate. While the pan is still hot, chop onion and add to pan. Add broth and chopped peppers.
- On medium low heat, cook for 4 hours till pork is tender. Remove from pan and using 2 forks, pull meat apart. Add a handful of cilantro.
- You are ready to make tacos or sandwiches.