3 hrs 20 mins
Tender pork butt great for sandwiches or tacos my family loves this dish! This is my first online recipe we use bollos for sandwiches. Happy eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast peppers under broiler till blackened.
- 2Remove from oven and cover with plastic wrap this till the skins loosen. After that, peel skins from peppers and chop.
- 3Cut some fat off pork butt--not all--you need this for flavor.
- 4Use a large pot with lid, add small amount of oil to sear the meat, heat pan to hot. Add pork butt and sear for 9 minutes each side or till browned.
- 5Remove pork to a plate. While the pan is still hot, chop onion and add to pan. Add broth and chopped peppers.
- 6On medium low heat, cook for 4 hours till pork is tender. Remove from pan and using 2 forks, pull meat apart. Add a handful of cilantro.
- 7You are ready to make tacos or sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork Mexican Style
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.2
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 373.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 37.9 g