Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tender pork butt great for sandwiches or tacos my family loves this dish! This is my first online recipe we use bollos for sandwiches. Happy eating!
- 5 lbs pork butt
- 4 anaheim chilies
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 large onion
- 4 cups chicken broth, large can to make 4 cups
- fresh cilantro
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Roast peppers under broiler till blackened.
- Remove from oven and cover with plastic wrap this till the skins loosen. After that, peel skins from peppers and chop.
- Cut some fat off pork butt--not all--you need this for flavor.
- Use a large pot with lid, add small amount of oil to sear the meat, heat pan to hot. Add pork butt and sear for 9 minutes each side or till browned.
- Remove pork to a plate. While the pan is still hot, chop onion and add to pan. Add broth and chopped peppers.
- On medium low heat, cook for 4 hours till pork is tender. Remove from pan and using 2 forks, pull meat apart. Add a handful of cilantro.
- You are ready to make tacos or sandwiches.
This is very good and easy. I eliminated the chicken broth and used a crock pot. I like the taste of the roasted anaheim and poblano peppers better than jalapeno. I used canned tomatoes and added some garlic. I will make this again, maybe add some cumin and oregano at the end.