Recipe by Gerry
An old fashioned recipe that continues to be a favorite with the youngsters. Popular on the serving tray especially during the holiday season.
Top Review by Darlene10
This is a very nice little treat and very easy to make. With the peanut butter it is a nice change to the puffed wheat cake. Like them both and it brings back childhood memories.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup puffed wheat cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Cornflakes, Rice Krispies and Puffed Wheat into a large bowl.
- Mix brown sugar, syrup and peanut butter in a pot over low heat until sugar dissolves, and simmer one minute.
- Stir mixture into the cereal and press into a buttered 8x8 pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.