This is a recipe I found on "FamilyFoodie.com" while searching for Portugese recipes. This is her father's favorite Portugese dessert and she posted this recipe for Father's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11.Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 22.In a metal bowl whip the egg whites on high until this are stiff and form peaks.
- 33.Add the cornstarch, one tablespoon at a time.
- 44.Slowly add the 2 tbs of sugar and continue to whip.
- 55.Place the peaks in a greased bundt pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the peaks are lightly brown.
- 66.Meanwhile, prepare the topping by boiling the water, 6 tsps sugar and butter until the thick and gooey.
- 77.Remove from the heat and add the egg yolks.
- 88.Add the Lemon juice at the end and mix until smooth.
- 99.Bring to a boil. Add a little water if mixture becomes too thick.
- 1010.Remove the Meringue from the oven, let cool and invert onto a large round plate, with sides.
- 1111.Top with the sweet caramel (lemony) mixture and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pudim Molotoff Portuguese Meringue Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 193.6 mg
- Sodium 97.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g