Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
A very yummy looking recipe that came in last weeks Publix ad. It seems really quick to prepare and if plated like the picture looks really impressive. Will add some notes once I make it.
Cranberry Almond Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, rinsed
- 1 leek, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Beet Spinach Salad
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 15 ounces cut beets, rinsed well
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges in light syrup, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 450. Coat 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken in dish; bake 20 minutes. While chicken bakes, chop shallots coarsely; slice bulb and lower leaves of leek finely. Place butter in small bowl to soften.
- Combine in small saucepan, vinegar, syrup, nutmeg, shallots, and leeks; bring to a boil on medium high.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook 10 minutes or until liquid is thickened and has reduced by about one half. Stir remaining ingredients into the softened butter until blended to make topping.
- Remove chicken from oven. Pour hot maple sauce evenly over chicken; sprinkle with cranberry topping. Bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Beet Spinach Salad:.
- Place spinach in salad bowl and toss in other ingredients until well mixed.