Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in our grocery store's circular.
Make and share this Pub-Style Chicken and Caramelized Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces reduced-fat jalapeno cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup French-fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup light honey mustard dressing
- Preheat onion to 425°F.
- Combine soy sauce, molasses, garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp pepper; place in a plastic bag. Add chicken, turning to coat. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
- Toss fresh onions with oil, salt, and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper. Place onions in 13x9" baking dish; top with chicken. Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (165 F).
- Top chicken wth crispy onions and cheese; bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Combine both dressings; microwave on high 20-30 seconds or until hot. Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.