Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
"This is white bread with a delicious taste twist. Note: Use only real sour cream for this recipe! But if you don't have barley flour on hand you may substitute bread flour."
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flakes, dry
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select White Bread setting, and Start.
- My machines takes 2 1/2 start to finish.
This does make a great loaf of bread, but then I'm prejudiced because I originated this recipe around ten yers ago and posted it on All Recpes along with a picture of a loaf made in my machine. Bill Parr