Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
from viola reeves killion old probably czech since shes from meadow grove nebraska this is saying plums and prunes which rudy said his mom did interchangeably so the amount of sugar is probably for each one.i need to make these to know amount just dont want lose recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces prunes, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sift dry ingredients together
- add beaten egg milk.
- add butter to batter.
- form into balls.
- about size of large egg.
- you can use these for plain dumplings now by not filling them.
- was italian prunes and partially cut them remove the pit.
- mix together cinnamon and sugar fill and close.
- put each plum in the center of each pattyand wrap dough around plum and seal.
- drop dumplings into rapidly boiling water.
- boil 15 minutes
- drain when dumplings dried slightly add butter and cinnamon over them.