Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
This is in the new Taste of Home magazine. I made them along with Fried Dill Pickle Coins (also from TOH) & my husband & daughter thought they were both awesome!!! Cooking time is approximate.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 sandwich buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Crumble beef over mixture; mix well.
- Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Top each patty with a cheese slice; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Grill rolls cut side down for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Top with lettuce& burgers.