Recipe by mileen
This is a low carb, high protein bread created mainly with coconut flour, almond flour, pea protein, and liquid egg whites. Make sure to use the drinkable coconut milk found in a carton. I created this recipe from an amalgam of several Paleo recipes I found online, then added my own touch. There are only 2 net carbs per slice and 13g protein. I hope you like it!
Top Review by sugarmouse
This is an amazing recipe! So easy to do and the bread is so delicious! That's already te only bread we eat at home, I'm making it every week. I made some changes in the recipe like using more almond meal instead of the coconut flour, I don't use the xantan gum, and I use canned coconut milk. It's also good with sour cream or Greek yoghurt instead of the coconut milk.
Here's my way - http://wp.me/p2b133-hE
- 236.59 ml almond meal (blanched, 112g)
- 29.58 ml coconut flour (15g)
- 44.37 ml flax seed meal (19.5g)
- 66 g pea protein powder (unflavored - 2 scoops)
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml xanthan gum
- 295.73 ml unsweetened coconut milk (300mL, from the carton not the can, I use So Delicious brand)
- 177.44 ml egg white (about 190g, use a little more or less for an even batter consistency)
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and use spray oil to grease a standard loaf pan.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, salt, baking soda, xathan gum, and pea protein in a bowl. .
- Add in milk, liquid egg whites, and vinegar until it's about the consistency of thick pancake batter. (You can add a little more coconut milk if necessary).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Makes one 24oz loaf, 8 servings. Total Calories in the entire loaf: 1226.
- Per 3oz slice (8 slices): Calories: 153 Fat: 10 Sat. Fat: 2 Carbs: 5 Fiber: 3 Sugar: .7 Protein: 13 Sodium: 394.