Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Jake's On the Lake, Tahoe City, Ca. I served these for one party, and even people who said they didn't like shrimp scarffed these down.
- 18 slices prosciutto
- 18 fresh basil leaves
- 18 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 18 bamboo skewers, soaked 30 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place 1 prosciutto slice on work surface, short end parallel to edge. Place 1 basil leaf at 1 short end of prosciutto slice. Place 1 shrimp atop basil leaf. Roll up shrimp in prosciutto. Thread shrimp on skewer. Repeat with remaining prosciutto, basil, shrimp and skewers. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Combine vinegar, mustard, and garlic in blender. Gradually add oil; blend well. Transfer to small bowl. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Grill wrapped shrimp until opaque in center, turning frequently, about 6 minutes. Transfer to platter. Serve hot or at room temperature with sauce.
This was another part of Italian Feast. The shrimp were delicious but we felt the dipping sauce could have been more garlicy. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
These were incredible! :) My friend made these at her dinner party :) We all begged for the recipe!
These are great shrimp. They're a regular in our appetizer rotation. Very classy!!!!