Recipe by cookiedog
This can be elegant or you can eat it with your fingers. It includes a sauce that is reminiscent of deviled eggs.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
I so enjoy both asparagus and prosciutto and together, well, it's bound to be a hit. Taking my cue from bobo I went light on the lemon and found that half was just right for me. Thanks, cookiedog, for a special "just for me treat".
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, hard-boiled, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap woody ends off asparagus spears.
- In a large frying pan, bring 3/4 cup water to boil. Add salt and trimmed asparagus, cover, and cook until asparagus is tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, dry and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chopped egg, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, lemon zest, and pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Lay 4 asparagus spears on each piece of prosciutto and roll up. Repeat to form 4 bundles. Serve with sauce.