Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple recipe full of flavor from the smoky-saltiness of prosciutto, to sweet steamed snap peas, to tender mushrooms, to an undertone of garlic & onions and finally topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 1 lb snap peas, steamed or 1 lb snow peas, if unavailable
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- In a large pot, boil spaghetti for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. If cooking fresh spaghetti, boil for less time (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- To quickly steam snap peas, place peas (in their pods) in a metal colander. place colander over pot while spaghetti is cooking until peas are tender-crisp.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Cook garlic and onions until tender but not browned. Stir in prosciutto and cook until warmed through and slightly browned around the edges. Stir in mushrooms and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Drain spaghetti and return to pot. Add snap peas, mushroom mixture and season with black pepper. Gently toss to combine all ingredients.
- Serve and top each portion with Parmesan cheese.