- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 10 ounces thinly sliced whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 12 tomatoes, slices
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 16 ounces ciabatta, halved horizontally (13x6 1/2x1 1/2 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in small bowl to blend; season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer prosciutto, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil over bottom of bread.
- Drizzle lightly with dressing, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Press top of bread over.
- Cut bread equally into 4 sandwiches.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Grill sandwiches until bread is golden brown and cheese melts, pressing occasionally to compact with large spatula, about 5 minutes per side.