From Olga's cup and saucer restaurant in Providence RI, these were featured in Food and Wine.
Make and share this Prosciutto, Brie and Apple Panini With Scallion Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 soft hoagie rolls or 1 long baguette, halved lengthwise
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, rind removed, cheese cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large granny smith apple (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- In a bowl, beat 4 tablespoons of the butter until creamy. Stir in the scallion, lemon juice and mustard until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle over low heat. Spread the scallion butter on the cut sides of the rolls. Lay the prosciutto on the bottom halves; top with the Brie and the apple slices and close the sandwiches. Lightly spread the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter on the outside of the rolls (it will be a very thin layer).
- Put the sandwiches on the griddle. Cover with a heavy skillet and cook over low heat, turning occasionally, until toasted and the Brie is melted, 10 minutes. Cut the panini in half and serve.
Simple and delicious.I used a whole wheat panini bun. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag Game. :)