Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Olga's cup and saucer restaurant in Providence RI, these were featured in Food and Wine.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 soft hoagie rolls or 1 long baguette, halved lengthwise
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, rind removed, cheese cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large granny smith apple (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- In a bowl, beat 4 tablespoons of the butter until creamy. Stir in the scallion, lemon juice and mustard until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle over low heat. Spread the scallion butter on the cut sides of the rolls. Lay the prosciutto on the bottom halves; top with the Brie and the apple slices and close the sandwiches. Lightly spread the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter on the outside of the rolls (it will be a very thin layer).
- Put the sandwiches on the griddle. Cover with a heavy skillet and cook over low heat, turning occasionally, until toasted and the Brie is melted, 10 minutes. Cut the panini in half and serve.
Simple and delicious.I used a whole wheat panini bun. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag Game. :)