Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Real Simple Magazine and it is real simple to make! EDIT: After reading some of the reviews, you may want to reduce the amount of eggs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
- Divide the eggs among the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Add the prosciutto and cheese and sandwich with the tops of the rolls.
- Melt the remaining butter in a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add half the sandwiches to the skillet.
- Cook, pressing frequently with the back of a spatula or placing another pan on top of the sandwiches to weigh them down, until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
Fantastic recipe!! I just tryed it this morning and thought it was amazing! I didnt have sandwich buns, but I did have som eleft over Hawaiin Sweet Bread rolls left, and it add SUCH a flavor! The sweetness of the bread brought the saltyness of the prosciutto. It complimented each other greatly! Try it!
Oh my goodness, these are DELICIOUS! I used my George Foreman grill w/ great results. Thank you, cookiedog, for a wonderful recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.