A tasty sandwich and fun to make and eat! Adapted from the US Apple Consumers Association.
- Ready In:
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples, thinly sliced (I like Braeburn or Fuji or Gala)
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat panini press on medium heat(or use 2 heavy skillets-one to put on top of the panini while cooking to press it).
- Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread.
- Layer apple slices and cheese over 4 slices of bread, using about ½ apple and 2 ounces of cheese for each sandwich. Top each with remaining bread slices. Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray(or coat skillet.
- Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation