1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Jeff Hixson's Note:
Outstanding company and Holiday dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 lb) standing rib roast (3-rib)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Mustard Horseradish Sauce
- 1Two hours before roasting, remove the meat from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- 2Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (see note).
- 3Place the oven rack on the second lowest position.
- 4Place the roast in a pan large enough to hold it comfortably, bone-side down, and spread the top thickly with the salt and pepper.
- 5Roast the meat for 45 minutes.
- 6Without removing the meat from the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F and roast for another 30 minutes.
- 7Finally, increase the temperature to 450 degrees F and roast for another 15 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature of the meat is 125 degrees F.
- 8(Be sure the thermometer is exactly in the center of the roast.) The total cooking time will be between 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 hours.
- 9Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- 10Remove the roast from the oven and transfer it to a cutting board.
- 11Cover it tightly with aluminum foil and allow the meat to rest for 20 minutes.
- 12Carve and serve with the sauce.
- 13Note: Be sure your oven is very clean before setting it at 500 degrees F.
- 14For Mustard horseradish sauce: Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustards, horseradish, sour cream, and salt/pepper in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prime Rib Roast With Mustard Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2030.7
- Calories from Fat 1603
- Total Fat 178.1 g
- Saturated Fat 68.6 g
- Cholesterol 401.9 mg
- Sodium 2663.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 86.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
standing rib roast