Recipe by White Rose Child
This is a thick, creamy and filling breakfast, with crunch from the blackberry seeds! Sweeten as desired, with your favorite liquid sweetener.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Very sustaining, very healthy and flavoursome enough for me to be happy to make this again. I made my smoothie with honey, frozen blackberries and half a frozen banana, so it was a delicious breakfast for a warm day. If making this for work, I'd use fresh berries and banana as - left overnight in the fridge - frozen berries would simply become watery. Another smoothie recipe for me to add to quite a rotation of smoothie recipes! Thank you for sharing this one, White Rose Child. Made for 1-2-3-4 Hit Wonders.
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (to taste) or 1 tablespoon maple syrup (to taste) or 1 tablespoon honey (to taste)
- 1 cup blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 banana, broken into chunks (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oats and soymilk overnight in a lidded container in the fridge, to soften the oats.
- When ready to make, transfer the oats and soymilk to a blender/food processor with the vanilla, berries, and banana. Blend 2-3 minutes, or till smooth.
- Taste and add sweetener, blending and tasting again before you pour it into a mug to enjoy :-).