Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a thick, creamy and filling breakfast, with crunch from the blackberry seeds! Sweeten as desired, with your favorite liquid sweetener.
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (to taste) or 1 tablespoon maple syrup (to taste) or 1 tablespoon honey (to taste)
- 1 cup blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 banana, broken into chunks (fresh or frozen)
- Combine the oats and soymilk overnight in a lidded container in the fridge, to soften the oats.
- When ready to make, transfer the oats and soymilk to a blender/food processor with the vanilla, berries, and banana. Blend 2-3 minutes, or till smooth.
- Taste and add sweetener, blending and tasting again before you pour it into a mug to enjoy :-).
Very sustaining, very healthy and flavoursome enough for me to be happy to make this again. I made my smoothie with honey, frozen blackberries and half a frozen banana, so it was a delicious breakfast for a warm day. If making this for work, I'd use fresh berries and banana as - left overnight in the fridge - frozen berries would simply become watery. Another smoothie recipe for me to add to quite a rotation of smoothie recipes! Thank you for sharing this one, White Rose Child. Made for 1-2-3-4 Hit Wonders.
Thanks Amber for an afternoon pick me up smoothie. I have to admit I didn't read ahead to where I was suppose to soak the oats overnight. Well, it was too late as I had most of the ingredients in the blender. No worries, as it turned out fantastic. I love how thick the oatmeal made this smoothie. I have only tried one other smoothie that incorporated oats, and I loved it. I used frozen blueberries instead of the black, and honey for the sweetner. So rich, thick and yummy!!!