Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
One pot chicken and rice, easy and delicious
Make and share this Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Place just enough oil in bottom of pot to brown chicken. Add rest of ingredients, stir, place cover on pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. If chicken is not tender, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Note: If using frozen chicken, cook for 35-40 minutes.
This recipe received "thumbs up" from us! I used 2 cups of instant rice, large can of mushroom soup, about 2Tbsp of Worstershire sauce, and 1/2 cup of inexpensive Merlot, sm. bag frozen vege's.. along with the other ingredients listed minus the cheese sauce/soup. Cooked for 20min on high..then turned to a lower heat for the last 15min. Oh my gosh...yummy yummy yum yum. The chicken fell apart and instant rice did not scorch! Perfecto mundo.
My husband calls this a keeper. I cut the chicken into pieces and sauteed them with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. I used cream of chicken and cream of celery soups, and added a bag of frozen veggies (didn't have broccoli, which I will try next), salt, pepper and garlic powder. I will use a little more water next time, but I pressured that for 20 minutes and the rice was perfect. My pan was a little scorched, but will spray next time. No scorch flavor, thank heavens!
This is a very easy and fast recipe and I highly recommend it. My only suggestion would be to mix the rice and the soups together before putting into the cooker. I cooked mine at 15 lbs of pressure for 30 minutes because I like the meat to be extra tender. Worked out great.