Recipe by Shalabhanjika
Try them in salads or stews, or whisk the pulp into a salad dressing or a Bloody Mary.
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the lemons and dry well. Quarter lemons lengthwise, leaving 1/2 inch at the bottom intact.
- Toss fruit with the salt and transfer to a sterile 4-cup glass jar. Use a wooden spoon to press lemons to fit.
- Add the lemon juice and any remaining kosher salt. Seal jar tightly and shake to combine.
- Let stand at room temperature for 3 days, shaking jar each day.
- Trasfer to refrigerator for 3 weeks until rinds are soft.
- They can be refrigerated for at least 3 months. Rinse before using.