1/1 Photo of Prawns, Bean Purée and Onions in Red Wine
1 hr 20 mins
Prawns in a delicious combination with a bean puree and onions cooked in red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Onions in Red Wine
- 6 small onions (about 2/3 pounds)
- 2 cups red wine (or a bit more)
- 2 tablespoons aceto balsamico (red)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 2 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 sprig rosemary (about 4 inches long)
- 1 sprig rosemary (about 2 inches long, only leaves)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 lbs prawns (in shell)
- 1ONIONS: Peel onions and cut into thin slices.
- 2Put onion rings into pot with red wine, aceto balsamico, bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Then let cook on low heat for about 45 minutes.
- 3In the end the onions should be very soft and the fluid should be boiled away. If onions not tender after 45 minutes add some more wine.
- 4When onions are soft and tender add honey and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until serving.
- 5BEANS: Meanwhile put canned cannellini beans into a pot with the fluid. Add garlic and rosemary sprig and warm up on low heat. Should take about 15 minutes.
- 6In the end the beans should be tender, but they should not fall apart. When beans are tender pour off through a sieve, but remain some of the fluid.
- 7Put beans into a food processor and add rosemary leaves. Add olive oil and puree until smooth. If still too dry add some of the cooking fluid. Keep warm until serving.
- 8PRAWNS: Place a steamer basket in a suited pot and fill in just enough water, that it will not reach the steamer basket. Bring water to a boil.
- 9Add prawns in shell and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until prawns are done. If you prefer peeled prawns cook them for about 4-6 minutes only.
- 10SERVING: on a preheated serving platter arrange the bean puree, the onions and prawns. Drizzle some olive oil over the puree and prawns. And salt prawns slightly.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawns, Bean Purée and Onions in Red Wine
Serving Size: 1 (674 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 1305.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 52.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: