Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This has been posted for Zwt6 I found this in a book called The colour Book of Quiches and Flans
- 1 pie shell, 8 inches baked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups of shelled shrimp
- black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the onion and zucchini.
- Fry gently until light brown .
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. and the nutmeg
- Leave to cool.
- Mix together the cream, eggs, and cheese.
- Stir in the shrimp mixture.
- Pour into the baked prepared pie shell.
- Bake in a hot oven 400f for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This made a nice, light dinner! I shredded the zucchini instead of slicing, felt this was a better texture for the quiche. I used 3 medium zucchini and would probably cut it down to 2. Would recommend a deep dish pie crust, as we had one and the contents still spilled over a little while baking. Good flavor, but overall a bit bland for our tastes. I would also add more cheese, at least double. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT6.