Recipe by **Jubes**
A simple appetizer that's always a pleaser. I like to use avocado and grape or cherry tomatoes. If these aren't in season use seasonal salad/veggie items or fruits. Rockmelon or mango are good for variety, as is sliced capsicum (peppers), purple onion and cucumber. You can use your choice of mayo or seafood dressing to top of this cocktail if desired. Makes 4 but easily adapted to more or less. You can really use any quantities of ingredients to your preference. If gluten-free check your mayo or topping is also gluten-free. You can use any lettuce of your choice- shred if required
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum! I wasn't feeling hungry for dinner and I cooked steaks for Little Miss (DD) and Hubby so I made this up as a side salad for them and a main dish for me. It was so light, flavoursome, simple, healthy and refreshing, perfect for all this hot weather we are having. I did substitute baby lettuces for iceberg lettuces otherwise kept everything as written. Thank you **Jubes** for another great recipe
- 16 baby lettuce leaves
- 40 medium sized cooked prawns, prepare and leave tail intact
- 1 avocado
- 100 g grape tomatoes or 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare prawns -remove heads and peel. I like to leave the tails intact for presentation (though if serving to children may be better to fully peel their prawns). Set aside.
- Layer lettuce leaves in the bottom of 4 small bowls. Top with 7 prawns to each bowl. Place them so that they can be seen around the edges of the bowl. Reserve remaining prawns.
- In a separate bowl combine chopped avocado and halved cherries. Mix and coat thoroughly with the juice of half a lemon. Place on top of the bowls of lettuce and prawns- share out amongst the 4 bowls.
- Top the cocktails with the remaining prawns (3 each bowl). Sprinkle with some herbs if desired and add some mayo or seafood sauce of your choice.