- Ready In:
- 450 g small peeled cooked prawns
- 200 g salad cream
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 heads little gem lettuce
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- Make sure the prawns are drained well of their briny liquid.
- Mix the salad cream, ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco in a bowl.
- Tip in the prawns and mix to coat them in the Marie-Rose sauce.
- Finally shred the lettuce, and arrange as a bed on six small plates or shallow bowls.
- Divide the prawns in their sauce on the centre of each plate in a kind of pyramid, and then scatter with roughly crushed peppercorns or dust with paprika.
- As long as the prawns were properly thawed and drained before you started immersing them in their famous coral pink sauce, it does not matter if they sit for a good few hours in the fridge before being dolloped out onto their lettuce-lined dishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello there, my name is Ellie and I live and work in Birmingham, UK. I have just purchased my first home with my partner…so it’s a very exciting time for my right now! I am a really fun, happy person (I think so any way!!) and don’t let to many things get me down – life is to sort! Although the one thing that does get my back up, is when people think that because me and my partner are young (both under the age 25 at the moment!!) will live off take-ways and ready meals! It’s only because it could not be further from the truth! When I lived at home with my mum, I was brought up on home cooked food, as was my partner – so it is something that I feel very strongly about. I shocked quite a few people when we first started living together, I know this seems a bit sad…but it made me feel so proud!! At the moment me and my partner live in a rented home with are 2-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier. I cannot wait to get into our new house, and make it feel like home!! I work as a PA and must admit I love my job! The people here are so friendly it’s a lovely pace to work, I really do think you have to enjoy your job otherwise theses no point? <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">