Recipe by JoyfulCook
Its a toally delicious way of cooking green prawns - a subtle curry that lets the flavour of the prawns stand out…. delectable on the palate. Everyone wants to come back for more, so be sure to double the recipe
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for our dinner the other day and it was quite good. I did use a little less cumin (my preference) and other wise followed the directions. Served with jasmine rice and little dishes with spring onions, diced tomatoes and cucumbers. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.
- 24 prawns, green, headless and shelled
- 1 medium onion, thin sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 100 g crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell green prawns and return to fridge.
- heat the oil and slowly cook the onions and garlic until soft, add the spices and stir to blend. Add the water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and stir making sure that the prawns are well coated then add the tomatoes and simmer for just another few minutes. Do Not overcook as the prawns will become tough.
- Serve with hot rice, pappadums and side dishes of, chopped spring onions, tomatoes, capsicums, dried coconut, Fresh Chilli, cucumber etc.