Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This highly-seasoned Indian dish has great flavour.
- 115 g prawns
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- Place prawns in a dish and sprinkle with coriander, lemon juice and half the curry powder. Set aside to marinate.
- Place onion and garlic in a microwave-proof bowl with oil. Cook on high for about 1 minute.
- Add remaining curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Stir in rice with 1 cup of boiling stock. Cook on high for 4 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 1 more minute on high, stirring halfway through. Add prawns. Cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Add peas. Stir well and cook for a final 2 minutes. Serve with fresh coriander and low-fat yoghurt.
This recipe is quicker than a trip to McDonalds and tastes better too. It was made with things that I usually have on hand which is a plus. It makes a welcome change of pace. Made for PAC, Fall 2012.