Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of a lovely praline quartet from The Times-Picayune. This one did not have an amount or serving size so I guesstimated.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto (vanilla OK too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, broken into pieces
- Cook sugars, milk and corn syrup to soft ball stage 234° F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Allow pralines to harden.