1/5 Photos of Praline Pumpkin Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
A great choice when you can't decide whether to make pumpkin or pecan pie! I adore this pie. I think the praline layer adds a lovely new dimension to the traditional pumpkin pie. The pumpkin layer is the best I've ever had also. Very light and tasty without being overly sweet. A few people weren't crazy about it though because they said there was something 'wrong' with having nuts in a pumpkin pie. LOL! That's okay, that just means more for me!! And yes, you can double the praline layer, I do. You will end up with a little too much filling, but the pie will turn out fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1Combine the pecans, sugar and butter; press into the bottom of pie shell.
- 2Prick sides of pastry with a fork.
- 3Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes; cool for 5 minutes.
- 4Combine first eight filling ingredients; stir in pumpkin.
- 5Gradually add cream.
- 6Pour into pie shell.
- 7If desired, sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 360.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g