Top Review by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. My copy of this recipe is slightly different. It calls for 1 1/4 c packed brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla. Directions are slightly different it says to pour in crust and then to bake at 450 for 10 minutes, then reduce oven to 250 and bake for 30 minutes. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- maple syrup
- pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs, granulated sugar and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and flour, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla; stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250°F and continue baking an additional 30 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Brush with maple syrup; top with pecan halves.