Recipe by Courtly
From Taste of Home. Submitted by Laurel Leslie. "This show stopper has a vanilla wafer crust, a creamy center and an ooey-gooey caramel-pecan topping."
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (50)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 16 whole vanilla wafers
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 25 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan. Stand whole wafers around edge of pan, pressing lightly into crumbs; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Remove sides of springform pan. Drizzle caramel mixture over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.