Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy doughnuts from an online breakfast site. You can experiment with this, and instead of pumpkin puree, try applesauce or mashed banana! New England, Mid West, West, South
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- powdered sugar, for coating
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add oil, pumpkin and buttermilk.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, add to egg mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Turn out on a floured board and roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Use a doughnut cutter to cut donuts(or glass cup).
- Deep fry at 375°F until glolden brown on one side. Turn over. Brown the other side. Drain well on paper towels and roll in powdered sugar(or granulated. Enjoy!
- Yield: 24.
okay, so I didn't wait until the donuts were completely cooled before I rolled them in the powdered sugar...I ended up with a goopy mess on some of the donuts. Since I was inpatient, the appearance is somewhat lacking, however the donuts themselves taste splendid. I was expecting a raised donut bready texture, these are more along the lines of a hushpuppy. Also, I struggled somewhat because the dough was extra sticky. I'm not sure if it is because of the altitude that I am at or what. All in all, good recipe!
LOVED THE TASTE OF THESE DONUTS! I was originally going to keep them just for us, but then a last minute parkwide garage sale was set up & I put about 3/4 of them out ~ Gone in no time, as were 10 copies of the recipe! Will definitely be making these again, for a somewhat slower devouring! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
Awesome donuts!!! Great pumpkin flavor. Definately what I was expecting. Quick and easy recipe. I did make a couple changes, I didn't chill before I rolled out donuts, I am chilling rolled donuts to fry in the morning. But I did test the "holes" out, very good!!! Thanks for a great recipe!!