1/1 Photo of Pound Cookies
This recipe came from my great-grandmother. It's very similar to reposteria cookies that you can get in Mexican bakeries in San Antonio, Texas. We make them year round but they are especially nice at Christmas time. Use Crisco brand shortening for best results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix all ingredients together, starting with the shortening and adding each one in order. You can do this by hand or with a heavy-duty mixer.
- 3Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- 4Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5Press with bottom of a small glass dipped in flour.
- 6Bake 20 minutes.
- 7When cookies are cool, dip in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pound Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g