Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great dessert to make with things that you can store ahead of time in your freezer (well, at least the main ingredients can be). Very easy to make.
- 1 frozen pound cake (such as Sara Lee)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 cups frozen fruit, I like mixed berries (such as any variety of berries or peaches)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- Slice the pound cake into 1/2 in thick slices.
- Toast in a 350 degree farenheit oven until browned.Trim the edges to square off and place them in the bottom of a 7x11 glass baking dish.
- Combine the fruit with the 2 tablespoons of the flour and sugar.
- Put the fruit mixture on top of the cake.
- To make the crisp topping, combine the 1 cup flour with the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the fruit. Drizzle with the cream.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is crisp.