Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious and easy to make. We use it for holidays, but could easily be part of dinner rotation. Can use real potatoes, or frozen shredded or obrien potatoes.
- 8 medium potatoes or 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 6 slices bacon, crispy and crumbled
- salt and pepper
- boil potatoes til slightly tender.
- coarsely grate (or just use frozen shredded potatoes).
- toss all ingredients to mix.
- place in greased, shallow 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- bake 350 for 30 minutes or til hot, bubbly, and slightly browned.
Of course this tasted great, just look at all the great tasting stuff in there! I used frozen hash browns which made this so easy to put together. My potato-loving DD ate about half of this by herself, pausing between bites to say how good it was.
DH told me "you can make these again". That is high honors here- LOL. These were a snap to put together and I actually prepped them earlier in the day and just took out and baked when I was ready. That is a plus in my book :) Made for PAC Fall 2009
Wow, this was really good. I used regualar potatoes but boiled them too long so when I combined all the ingrediants they were more like mashed potatoes but everybody loved them like that anyway. Thanks!!