Recipe by Chocolatl
A traditional Peruvian recipe, adapted from Peru-Recipes.com. Aji amarillos are very hot and slightly fruity peppers. If aji amarillo sauce is not available, you can substitute another pepper sauce, or make your own. You may also wish to adjust the amount of heat to suit your taste.
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons pepper sauce (aji amarillo)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the center of each potato. Set potatoes aside.
- Combine potato centers with egg yolks, cheese, pepper sauce and parsley.
- Stuff the potatoes with the mixture.
- Spread butter over the outside of the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to 400°F.
- Bake for 10 minutes more.