Potatoes Stuffed With Ham and Gruyere
Nummy!!! Serve with Recipe #15878 and garlic bread.
- Ready In:
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons smashed garlic, about 2 cloves
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Pierce the potatoes with fork and arrange in a circle in microwave oven.
- Cover with damp paper towels.
- Microwave potatoes at high 12 minutes or until done.
- Rearrange after 6 minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Split open, lengthwise in half, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Reserve shells, set aside pulp.
- Heat butter in a small fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Pour milk mixture over potato pulp.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese, ham and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Stuff shells with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yum! These were tasty and quick, and I love how versatile the recipe is. I used havarti cheese b/c I had it on hand, and thyme instead of the cayenne. Next time I might use dry mustard...mmm. I was concerned that the recipe didn't call for enough cheese, but the result was creamy and good. I did increase the salt quite a bit and add black pepper at the table. Thanks for sharing; this is definitely a keeper. Made for Healthy Choices 2008.