Recipe by KathyP53
My spouse doesn't do mashed potatoes, but loves these!
Top Review by Elmotoo
This was a hit! I was rummaging for Russian recipes because of the Olympics in Sochi & found this. I had about 10-12 baked potato insides left over from making potato skins which is what I used for this recipe. Mix & bake! So easy! So delicious! I had some leftover chopped scallion so I used that & a wee bit of garlic powder. Thank you!
- 2 lbs potatoes (about 3 large)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pierce each scrubbed, unpeeled potato several times with a fork. Bake directly on oven rack until tender, about one hour. Cool potatoes completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate potatoes with skin left on, using large holes of box grater, into large bowl. Add onion, 1 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Add 1/2 of sour cream, stir gently to blend. Repeat with remaining sour cream.
- Spoon potato mixture into buttered 1-2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes,.