Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mediterranean style potatoes that are flavorful and make a great side dish. From "Italian Gourmet"
- 1 lb potato, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a baking dish and toss to combine.
- Bake for 1 hour and serve hot.
This potato dish has great potential. The reason that it is not getting 5 stars is that we did not find there were enough 'umph' in the flavour-wise. Next time I will add garlic (3 cloves or so), and double the parmesan cheese. We also served freshly grated Parmesan cheese at the table which was nice. I served it as a side dish to Easy Grilled Cajun Chicken which was a nice combination + a spinach, corn, tomato salad. Made for ZWT 5