Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This quick-to-fix chicken and potato dinner uses ingredients you may already have on hand.
- 138.91 g package scalloped potatoes mix
- 532.32 ml boiling water
- 177.44 ml milk
- 78.07 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 78.07 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 78.07 ml salsa
- 2 (283.49 g) canchunk canned chicken, drained
- 1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Stir together Potatoes, Sauce Mix and boiling water in ungreased 2-quart casserole. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bake uncovered 50 to 55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand a few minutes (sauce will thicken slightly).
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft).
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Increase boiling water to 2 1/2 cups. Bake 55 to 65 minutes.
I thought this was a very simple and quick way to have dinner on the table under an hour. I liked most everything about it. I did add double the chicken if not more and used a Rotisserie chicken instead of the can chicken which I thought added more flavor. I think garlic would be a nice addition and maybe a little more salsa to step it up a little. Mine was done in 50 minutes. I liked this a lot more than DH did. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014
So quick and simple, yet so good! The only change I'd suggest making is to add more chicken to make this more of a main dish. The flavor was really good though!