Recipe by Mims & Squims
This dish is named for the Alsace region of France, a belt of land that is steeped in both French & German tradition and fare. My version of this dish has been modified to fit my heart-healthy diet.
- 2 slice turkey bacon, chopped
- 453.59 g potato
- 59.14 ml shallot, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3.69 ml fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3.69 ml fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 3.69 ml fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place in pot & cover with salted water. Bring to boil & cook 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt margarine in skillet. Add olive oil, onions and bacon. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cook 10 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well.