Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From Contemporary and Traditional Tapas Dishes. I just love the dip!
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a wonderful combination of flavours!!!! I loved the sweetish, roasty garlic dip with the simple salted fries and the roasted garlic pieces. YUM!!!! Perfect Potatoes indeed! I will surely make this often again as it comes together quickly and rewards you with a scrumptious meal! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us, Julie! Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #42 July 2010.
- 3 lbs potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
ROASTED GARLIC DIP
- 2 heads garlic, bulbs separated into cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons sour cream or 5 tablespoons strained plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE THE ROASTED GARLIC DIP:
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Place the garlic cloves in an ovenproof dish, then pour in the olive oil and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer and roast in the preheated oven of 25 min or until tender. Remove from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the garlic cloves, then place on a heavy cutting board and sprinkle with a little salt. Mash well with a fork until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and stir in the sour cream and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and paprika. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let chill until ready to serve.
- MAKE THE POTATOES:.
- To cook the potatoes, cut each potato half into 3 wedges and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, and salt and toss well. Transfer to a roasting pan, then arrange in a single layer and roast in the preheated oven for 1-1 1/4, or until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to serving bowls. Serve immediately, handing round the roasted garlic dip separately.