Potato-Spinach Soup With Rivels
- Melt butter in large saucepan. A nonstick pan works great for an easy clean up.
- Add onion and celery: cover and cook over low heat until tender (about 15 minutes); stirring occasionally.
- While onions are cooking, make the rivels with the egg and flour and set aside. (Flour and egg mixture should be a little dry and crumbly)Don't over mix.
- When the onion is cooked, blend in flour. Add water and broth, potatoes and salt: stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, when you have a nice boil, add the rivels and stir gently. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally. (If it gets too thick, add a little more water or broth)
- Finally, add spinach and cheese and simmer uncovered until cheese is melted. Add milk and heat thoroughly.