Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Are you looking for a new look for your mashed potatoes? Try this colorful and tasty side dish. Cooking time includes boiling potatoes and time in the oven. I located this recipe in The Stockman Family Cookbook several years ago and have modified it for my family.
- 6 -8 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons green onion tops
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in large bowl.
- Spoon into greased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
This would be a very make ahead recipe, and then pop in oven! Delicious
This was really good. I used left over mashed potatoes. When I went to start making it I had a moment of panic because sometime last night someone ate about half the mashed potatoes I was going to use! So, I added broccoli, ham to the mix. I also added cheese soup instead of the cheese. My dad and I thought this was really good, my boyfriend said it was "okay."
Very good casserole. A nice change from the typical potato side dish. We really enjoyed this.