Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Hearty tasting soup for all to enjoy.
Make and share this Potato Soup With Hamburger recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain.
- Place browned beef in a slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, onion, and tomato sauce.
- Stir in salt, pepper, water, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook on high until mixture starts to simmer (about 1 hour).
- Turn to low.
- Continue to cook for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until potatoes are tender.
We really liked this. I am currently making this for a second time. Only changes are to add a little garlic and little beef base to enhance the flavors. Basic and simple, but very good.
So easy to make, very tasty - and even better the next day. I omitted the hot pepper sauce (personal taste preference: zero tolerance of anything hot and spicy) and added some garlic, one leek and - just before serving - some basil. An adaptable recipe to which one could so easily add other vegetables. Thanks for sharing it!
What lovely bowl of comfort provided by this recipe. The potatoes and tomato sauce create a velvety broth the is so satisfying but not too heavy. I used vegetarian beef crumbles added in the last 15 minutes of cooking (early and they become soggy and flavorless). I can see an endless number of variations by adding green peppers or green beans or even changing the spices. Thanks WC. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.