Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These were a new thing for my NYE party! found somewhere online as I was desperately searching for appys at about 5 pm, Dec. 31!! Hope you like them! Be sure to allow time to BAKE the potatoes, since my prep/cook time doesn't include this!
- 4 large potatoes, baked (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (5 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into fourths; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shells.
- Save potato pulp for another use.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Place potato shells, skin sides down, in broiler pan.
- Brush potato flesh with margarine.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Sprinkle cheese over potato shells.
- Broil about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Mix sour cream and onions; spoon onto potatoes.
- Top with salsa.