Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From www.melissas.com. Tasty vegetarian kebabs! Substitute another favorite herb if you wish.
- 6 baby dutch yellow potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and cut in half depending on size
- 12 -16 grape tomatoes, left whole
- 12 white pearl onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (can sub mint, oregano, marjoram, sage, sumac, etc.)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- NOTE: Choose potatoes of uniform size for even broiling. You want the potatoes to be roughly the same size as the onions and tomatoes.
- To remove peel from pearl onions, in a heat proof bowl, pour boiling water over pearl onions and let soak 15-20 minutes. Drain and peel.
- Boil potatoes in a large pot for approximately 15 minutes or until tender but slightly firm when pierced with a fork.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Arrange the partially cooked potatoes, tomatoes and pearl onions alternately on skewers. (If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 15 minutes first).
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, dried herb of choice, salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, apply the dressing onto the vegetables.
- Broil or grill kebabs approximately 12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly on all sides.