A hearty, rich, thick chowder for that only takes minutes to prepare and can cook in the slower cooker while I'm at work. It's a huge hit with my family!
- Brown sausage and onion in a skillet. Drain well if necessary.
- Line bottom of slow cooker with veggies.
- Top veggies with cooked sausage and onions.
- Pour chicken broth into slow cooker.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook 4 to 5 hours.
- Before serving: add evaporated milk and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If a thicker soup is desired, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water.