1/2 Photos of Potato Sausage Chowder: Slow Cooker
4 hrs 20 mins
A hearty, rich, thick chowder for that only takes minutes to prepare and can cook in the slower cooker while I'm at work. It's a huge hit with my family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausage and onion in a skillet. Drain well if necessary.
- 2Line bottom of slow cooker with veggies.
- 3Top veggies with cooked sausage and onions.
- 4Pour chicken broth into slow cooker.
- 5Turn crock pot to low and cook 4 to 5 hours.
- 6Before serving: add evaporated milk and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7If a thicker soup is desired, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Sausage Chowder: Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.0
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 1381.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 34.4 g