Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe I got from a fellow co-worker, who brought this dish in for one of our many departmental lunches where we all cook a dish and pig out together. I begged Francis for her recipe and she gave it up. She said the secret to her salad was hot dog relish, and it makes a difference. I hope all ya'll like it as much as I do.
- 3 lbs potatoes (peeled&cubed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard (more or less depending on how yellow you like it)
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I do a pinch or two,not a big salt fan)
- 2 tablespoons hot dog relish
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1) Bring a large pot of water up to boil.
- 2) Add cubed potatoes and boil till tender.(drain).
- 3) In same pot or lrg bowl combine potatoes and all ingredients and mash/mix well.
- 40 Serve hot or cold.
This was a nice basic mustard style potato salad. No odd ingredients so no big surprises. I normally add onions, celery, and green peppers to my recipe but left them out this time. There really wasn't much difference flavorwise. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.